FFA State Officers Visit RL

Cory+Sunkile%2C+Texas+State+FFA+President%2C+speaks+to+the+high+school+students+about+FFA+and+leadership+characteristics.+

Amanda Spencer

Cory Sunkile, Texas State FFA President, speaks to the high school students about FFA and leadership characteristics.

Austin Williams

On Oct 30, two FFA State Officers, the President, and Vice President, came to Rosebud-Lott High School. The President, Cory Sunkile, and the First Vice President, Preston Cumming, are the state FFA officers who make up what is called the Texas FFA “Travel Team.” They take a year off of their college education so that they can travel around the state and speak to different FFA chapters about the leadership opportunities that the FFA has to offer and promoting good characteristic traits. The Travel Team is composed of the State President and First Vice President who travel approximately 40,000 miles, visiting about 400 schools within 365 days.

The reason for them coming was to promote the leadership aspect that FFA has to offer. Rosebud-Lott was chosen out of a group of several other schools to have them come and present to our students. They spoke about all the positive traits you can have and how it can help you and demonstrated those traits through fun little skits and games. They ended the presentation by encouraging students to join FFA, since the opportunities they presented are open to all members. Even if students do not join FFA, then the characteristics they were shown in the presentation actually helps in life and can be beneficial to your future.

Amanda Spencer
Students work together to present a skit during the program.
Amanda Spencer
Amanda Spencer
Preston Cumming, Texas State FFA First Vice President helps Sunkile with the presentation.
Amanda Spencer
State FFA officers speak to the high school students and character and leadership characteristics.